Fekade Azeze: Unheard Voices. Drought, Famine and God in Ethiopian Oral Poetry
With the submission, the author or authors (hereafter authors) certify and warrant, on behalf of themselves and their co-authors, that:
- The authors are authorised by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements. The submitting author ensures that the manuscript has been approved by all the authors.
- The contribution (article, review etc) is original, has not been formally published either in whole or in part, has been submitted exclusively to ‘Aethiopica’, is currently not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights.
- If the authors decide to offer a submitted manuscript to another journal, it must be first formally withdrawn from ‘Aethiopica’ before the new submission is made.
- They are the sole authors and have the full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to ‘Aethiopica’ are not in breach of any other obligation or rights of any other persons. This also applies to text(s) and photo(s) from other sources; for these, the authors had obtained the necessary and required permission to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere. The content of the manuscript is completely free from copyright violation. In the event of any conflict, the authors will promptly inform the publisher.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy.
- In the event that the parties of this agreement, either individually or collectively, are held responsible for damages or the costs of a legal process undertaken by a third party as a result of the authors’ actions under points 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, the authors agree to release the publisher from the claims of the third party and to indemnify the publisher for any loss, expense or damage.
Authors will retain the copyright for their intellectual work. Contributors who publish with this journal agree to the following license and copyright agreement:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal an exclusive right of first publication in paper and electronic form. The work is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0), which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal. However, the work will not be altered or transformed. The license is valid for both electronic and paper copies.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (for example, post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), provided that ‘Aethiopica’ is acknowledged as the original place of publication.
- Authors grant ‘Aethiopica’ commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals, as well as to integrate the work, its title, and its abstract in databases, abstracting and indexing services, and other similar information sources.
- Court of jurisdiction is Hamburg, Germany.
The legal code of the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (in German, Namensnennung - Share Alike 4.0 Deutschland)